Chocolate chip cookies are a perfect treat when you need to satisfy your sweet tooth but they are also perfect to add to your lunch box. Growing up I always had to pack a lunch for school or work and even as an adult I still have to pack a lunch. I know it can be so much easier to grab a box of cookies at the grocery store but freshly baked home made cookies are so much tastier. Additionally, they will last longer and are better for you!
My favourite thing about these chocolate chip cookies is that they stay soft and chewy for days. I find that a lot of cookies harden after they cool and never taste as good as they did when they were warm. Over the years I have learned that adjusting your cooking time can really help solve this problem. These cookies only need about 8 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees. The trick is to take them out even when you think they may not “look” done. Even though they still appear a little soft and squishy once they cool they will be perfect– I promise!
I found the recipe for these chocolate chip cookies about a year ago and now it is the only recipe I use. It honestly turns out perfectly every time. Be careful not to over cook them and they will stay soft and chewy all week long 😉
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup unsalted butter or margarine
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsps pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups semisweet or milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl whisk together the flour and baking soda and set aside.
2. In an electric mixer combine the butter with white and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
3. Reduce speed of mixer and add vanilla, salt and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute then add flour mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Using two spoons or a cookie scoop drop cookies about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Bake 8 minutes, remove from oven and transfer to wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an air tight container for 1 week.
If you love chocolate chip cookies you should try our Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies